Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tree Digging- Part 2


And the question needs to be asked, what could be more fun that to be waist deep in muddy, cold water, hand digging a large Calocedrus decurrens? I know, I can hear the blog readers crying in despair; but you have a tree spade. True, but to see the work of the these (newly taught) masters and the work of the tree spade... there is no comparison.
In reality, different methods for different types of plant material. These beautiful Calocedrus (my mouth waters at the mere thought of their beautiful form) had to be hand dug in order to preserve the root balls, and to eliminate any damage to to the lower branching structure. Oh, and the fact that the tree spade could not get into the particular area came into play as well.....

However, I digress~ the team jumped right in once they had observed the initial procedure, and took the operation on as though they had been doing it for years. Makes my heart go all a-pitter-patter when I watch these guys (and gal) work their magic with their shovels.....

No comments:

Post a Comment